Colic is a potentially deadly and unfortunately common condition that affects horses of all ages, breeds, and disciplines. In fact, the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) estimates 900,000 horses will colic each year in the U.S. alone. For some horses, surgical intervention is the only treatment option, but between the surgery itself and the post-operative care, it can become quite expensive.
That’s why SmartPak developed ColiCare, a free program that provides up to $7,500 in colic surgery reimbursement. It brings together high-quality digestive supplements from SmartPak with annual wellness care from El Sol Equine to help keep your horse healthy. This program offers you the ultimate peace of mind by supporting your horse’s health and ensuring you have the financial resources to provide the emergency care your horse deserves. You can enroll over the phone or with a quick form online, and there’s no additional paperwork!
- Must reside in the United States
- Weaned horses ages 5 months and older
- Horse(s) under the direct care of a licensed veterinarian
- Horses that have had a previous colic and/or abdominal surgery, experienced colic in the past 12 months, or have a history of chronic colic are not eligible
- Year-round, daily administration of a ColiCare-eligible supplement in SmartPaks™
- Annual physical exam from your veterinarian
- Annual dental exam from your veterinarian
- Annual vaccinations administered by a veterinarian
- Annual deworming program developed with your veterinarian that includes at least one fecal test and two deworming administrations per year
Please contact the office with any questions or contact SmartPak directly. You can give them a call at 1-800-461-8898 or visit their website at SmartPak.com/ColiCare to get started!
Digestive Conditioning Program
The original SUCCEED® formula supports horses’ natural digestive health and immunity to promote total wellness. It also helps the GI tract digest nutrients and get energy from feed and other supplements for a healthy appetite, weight, stamina, and ability to recover more quickly from exercise.
Original SUCCEED is available through select tack and feed stores, online equestrian retailers, and veterinarians. Or, if you are using SUCCEED for the first time, take the SUCCEED Challenge to try it risk free for 60 days, with a money-back guarantee if you don’t see results (US residents only).
Visit their website at Succeed to get started!
Colic Assurance Program
Visit their website at Colic to get started!
What is EQCO Colic Coverage?
EQCO Colic Coverage combines routine wellness services with the right nutrition for a healthier horse, and your peace of mind. In the event your horse needs colic surgery, you can rest easy, while this complimentary program reimburses you for the cost of the surgery up to $10,000.
Visit their website at EQCO to get started!